EDC INCENTIVES GUIDEINES
The City of Groves EDC is aware that your company may consider property in the City of Groves as a future location for a new business. We are excited about this possibility and want to share with you the incentives that we now have in place to attract businesses to the City of Groves;
1. The EDC has authorized a partial rebate of sales tax generated by the business for five years. (One half per cent of the EDC sales tax for 5 years)
2. Reimbursement of water tap fees and reimbursement of sewer tap fees and water and sewer line extensions. ($5,000 cap)
3. Assistance with removal of construction debris.
4. Assistance with the development and improvement of ingress and egress on the city right of way.
5. Assistance with exterior remodeling, construction, security and signage. This is for items that add to the outside appeal of the building such as awnings decorative brick, and any other outside amenity that adds to the curb appeal of the business. (40% rebate on approved items $5,000 cap, signage $2,500 maximum.)
6. Reasonable assistance on any other item that is allowed by the Texas Economic Development regulations and presented and approved by the Groves EDC board. This may include some or all of the cost of moving inventory to the Groves location as well as any deviation from the incentives listed.
In order to apply for EDC assistance your business must supply the following
1. Sales tax certificate, if applicable
2. Proof that all taxes for real and personal property of the business are paid and current.
3. No outstanding debt to the city exists
4. No pending or unresolved city ordinance violations
5.Must attend EDC meeting where your application is being reviewed for funding.
The City of Groves and the EDC is looking forward to working with you and your company to make Groves your business home. We feel that we are a partner with all of our businesses old and new and want them to prosper and be successful. To that end we will commit the resources of the city and EDC to insure your business is successful.